Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links. If you buy a product or service through an affiliate link, we may earn a commission but at no additional cost to you. You can view our full affiliate disclosure here.
This product review features the Clearly Filtered 3-Stage Under the Sink Water Filter System.
The system is a state-of-the-art water filter that serves you exactly what you expect from it – clean, healthy, and safe water. This is because it can remove up to 99.9% of fluoride, lead, chlorine, plus hundreds of other harmful pollutants.
Having said that, the unit is designed for use with disinfected tap and well water. Hence, it will not remove bacteria or microorganisms. Do you want to learn more? Let’s scratch beneath the surface to understand how it works and why consumers are raving about it.
- 1 Clearly Filtered 3-Stage Under the Sink Water Filter System – Main Specs
- 2 Highlights
- 3 Pros
- 4 Cons
- 5 Installation
- 6 Maintenance
- 7 What’s Included
- 8 Clearly Filtered 3-Stage Review – Conclusion & Best For
Clearly Filtered 3-Stage Under the Sink Water Filter System – Main Specs
Coupon Code (15% Off): WM15
See More Product Images at clearlyfiltered.com
- Filter stages: 3
- Flow rate: System reduces original flow rate by 20-25%
- Filter life: 2,000 gallons or 1 year
- Estimated filter replacement cost per year: $400
- NSF: 42, 53, 401
At the beginning of our Clearly Filtered 3-Stage Under the Sink Water Filter System review, a few highlights:
Highest Contaminant Removal Rates
The advanced filtration process of the Clearly Filtered under sink filter removes all the different types of water contaminants – and it does so at very high reduction rates for healthy and safe drinking water.
No Bad Tastes/Odors
Water free from contaminants means water free from bad tastes and odors.
Quick & Easy Installation
Installing the system is quick, easy, and non-permanent. You can install and uninstall within several minutes.
Simple Filter Changes
Changing the three filter stages is equally simple. Filter cartridges can simply be twisted on/off.
The tubing which connect the under sink water filter to your water supply and kitchen faucet is made from stainless steel to guarantee a long service life.
Money-Back Guarantee & Warranty
Clearly Filtered backs all its water filters with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a lifetime product warranty.
- Evidently, the Clearly Filtered under sink water filtration system is an advanced and exceptional unit that brings a remarkable change in the taste and smell of your water.
- This begs the most important question — Which contaminants does it remove? The most prominent pollutants the system can remove, as certified by NSF, are 98.6% chlorine, 95.3% chloramine, 94.3$ arsenic, 98.9% lead, 91.8% mercury, and above 99% pesticides and herbicides. These are just a few out of the hundreds of individually tested pollutants.
- The first filter in the unit is a premium activated carbon priming filter. Manufactured in the US, this carbon filter removes chlorine, foul odors, unpleasant taste, and discoloration.
- Next in line, the second filter stage is designed to remove heavy metals and VOCs sneaking in your tap water. Here water is also purified from lead, arsenic, pesticides, herbicides, radiation, and PFAS.
- Finally, the third stage features a fluoride and arsenic filter. Equipped with an out-of-the-box-thinking technology, the filtration process removes up to 99.5% fluoride amongst other elements.
- The system installation is a breeze and takes less than 15 minutes. Excellent for those who don’t love a massive DIY or don’t want anything permanent. Just fix it under the sink using a wrench, and you are good to go.
- You don’t need any kind of professional help for installation, thereby reducing unforeseen charges compared to other high-tech systems.
- It’s straightforward to change each of the filter. Just unscrew and exchange with a new one. No tools are needed.
- Some filtration systems strip the water of various necessary elements. Thankfully, this unit filters only harmful chemicals and the like that make water unhealthy to drink.
- The system is manufactured in the USA using only premium food-grade 100% stainless steel tubing rather than cheap plastic. As a result, the unit is durable and less prone to wear and tear.
- Money-back guarantee: Don’t like the product as it doesn’t meet your expectations? You can return it back within thirty days of purchase.
- Clearly Filtered offers a lifetime warranty for their under sink water filter and offers to make all repairs and fix damages free of cost.
- Compared to other under-the-sink water filtration systems, the Clearly Filtered 3-Stage doesn’t come cheap. Priced at $500 (retail), it may not fit everyone’s budget. On the contrary, the price is justified due to the complex and advanced engineering.
- Thorough filtration takes time, reflected in the reduced water pressure in cold water taps.
Installing the under the sink system is a simple task that will take you under fifteen minutes. Let’s walk you through the details. Remember to refer to the video guide for better reference.
You need a pair of wrenches, apart from the screws that are included in the package. In case you want to mount the system on the wall, you will need a drill machine.
- First, turn off the main water supply to avoid any mishaps.
- Drain out residual water by turning on the kitchen sink tap.
- Next, disconnect the line that supplies cold water by turning the valve counterclockwise.
- Your under sink water filter system has two fitting lines, male and female. Use the female line and connect it to the cold water valve and tighten it.
- Then, connect the male fitting line to the pipe coming down the faucet.
- Finally, turn on the cold water valve, and you’re done. That’s it!
Remember to check the unit for leaks by letting the water run for a few minutes. Mounting the system is entirely optional, either under the sink or next to the kitchen cabinet.
Clearly Filtered advises changing the filter every 12 months for an average family (three to five individuals). However, if you have a big family, you should replace it after nine months. To put it another way, the filter works perfectly for 2000 gallons of water before needing a replacement.
Replacing each individual filter stage is similar to the installation process or, let’s say, even more straightforward. You don’t need any tools, thanks to the built-in shut-down valves. Simply twist the old filters off and fit in the new ones.
It is equally important to mention that the replacement filter costs are relatively high. One set costs $400. But you can save an additional 10% if you agree to have new filters sent on a subscription basis.
The package includes the following components:
- Under sink water filter with mounting bracket
- Two screws
- Three filter cartridges
- Written instructions
Clearly Filtered 3-Stage Review – Conclusion & Best For
Indeed, we are fans of this 3-Stage under sink water filter by Clearly Filtered. It’s best for removing harmful pathogens and other unwanted substances from your water. In addition, this unit sports unmatched performance thanks to the sleek design, portability, ease of installation, and a 2000 gallon filter life.
To sum up, if the high price is not an issue for you, we recommend the filtration system.
If you have questions about our Clearly Filtered 3-Stage review please leave a comment below!
Coupon Code (15% Off): WM15
- Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Review: The #1 on the Market?
- Clearly Filtered Water Bottle Review – Read Before You Buy!
- Best Under Counter Water Filtration Systems
- Top Under Sink Well Water Filters Compared
-  https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/04/22/708863848/scientists-dig-into-hard-questions-about-the-fluorinated-pollutants-known-as-pfa?t=1624315030926
Rory has joined the Water Masterz team as a contributing writer. He has covered all sorts of topics in the last several years.
Outside of his writing work, Rory enjoys photographing the Irish landscape and making music!