Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links. If you buy a product or service through an affiliate link, we may earn a commission but at no additional cost to you. You can view our full affiliate disclosure here.
This product review features the Fleck 5600SXT water softener.
Fleck’s 5600SXT water softener initially caught our eye due to the sleek design. And it has managed to hook our interest due to its functionality and durability.
We weren’t surprised, though, since Fleck has a reputation for engineering some of the top water softener control units available in the market. And while the Fleck 5600SXT may not be the most up-to-date system, it indeed does an excellent job of removing calcium and overall hardness from water.
Want to know more? No worries; here is everything you need to know about the Fleck 5600SXT water softener.
- 1 Fleck 5600SXT Water Softener Review – Main Specs
- 2 Highlights
- 3 Pros
- 4 Cons
- 5 Installation
- 6 Maintenance
- 7 What’s Included
- 8 Fleck 5600SXT Review – Conclusion
Fleck 5600SXT Water Softener Review – Main Specs
- For tap water and well water
- Water softener type: Salt
- Grain capacity, flow rate, resin tank size and brine tank size depend on which system you choose
- 24,000 grains: 7 gpm, 8″ x 44″ resin tank, 15″ x 17″ x 35″ brine tank
- 32,000 grains: 9 gpm, 9″ x 48″ resin tank, 15″ x 17″ x 35″ brine tank
- 40,000 grains: 11 gpm, 10″ x 44″ resin tank, 15″ x 17″ x 35″ brine tank
- 48,000 grains: 13 gpm, 10″ x 54″ resin tank, 15″ x 17″ x 35″ brine tank
- 64,000 grains: 15 gpm, 12″ x 52″ resin tank, 18″ x 33″ brine tank
- Max water pressure: 125 psi
At the beginning of our Fleck 5600SXT review, a few highlights:
For Small Budgets
If you don’t have a lot of money to spend, this water softener should be your first choice.
Tried and Tested Technology
Ion exchange based water softening has been applied for years and is the industry standard. It’s suitable for all hard water levels.
No More Scaling
Hard water causes scaling; soft water doesn’t. This increases the lifespan of your entire plumbing system including home appliances.
Choose Size According to Your Needs
With 5 different versions, you can choose a size that suits your soft water needs perfectly.
Lots of Water
Up to 15 gallons per minute water flow is enough for homes with multiple bathrooms.
Easy to Install, Operate and Maintain
It’s true. And the system’s resin and brine tank are warranted for 10 years, the control valve for 5 years.
Here are a few features that, in our opinion, make the Fleck 5600 water softener one of the best out there.
- If you are on a budget, the Fleck is an ideal choice for your family. This softener offers great features without putting a dent in your pocket.
- For one, the system is equipped with a standard resin tank and a standard brine tank. As a result, it works flawlessly without costing you an arm and a leg.
- The smart ion exchange technology attracts and replaces calcium and other hard water minerals to provide soft water.
- Consequently, household chores become easier since there is no more calcium and magnesium buildup on your sinks and faucets.
- It also ensures an increased lifespan for your pipes, fixtures, and water-based appliances.
- The system works perfectly even on water that is very hard. To put it another way, it is strong enough to remove even the most stubborn hard water minerals lurking in your water.
- Hard water makes your skin and hair dry and itchy. It also alters the pH level of your skin, making it prone to bacteria and infections. By eliminating hard water, the Fleck 5600SXT helps you achieve healthy skin and hair.
- The water softener is a metered on-demand unit. To clarify, the system is trained to run regeneration cycles depending on your water usage. Ultimately, it consumes less salt and wastes less water, at the same time ensuring you always have soft water running.
- Thanks to the digital head unit on the top, you can easily set up controls and program the system to your liking.
- Likewise, the LCD makes it easy to see current settings, issues, and troubleshooting at a quick glance.
- With the Fleck 5600, you will have no more trouble with overflowing tanks. This is because of the safety float and overflow drain engineered into the brine tank.
- The efficient system utilizes 10% crosslink resin that has more bonds to hold the beads together. Consequently, the resin bed is more durable when exposed to chlorine.
- There’s a built-in backup capacitor to prevent a full cycle reset in case of power failure,
- One of the most prominent factors that have managed to win many consumers over is the strong support and 100% money-back guarantee. If any issues arise, the trained staff is equipped with all the necessary information to help you troubleshoot. In case you are still not satisfied, you can demand a full refund.
- Brine and resin tank are warranted for ten years, the control valve for five years.
While we may be fans of the water softener, we also have one reservation that needs to be reviewed:
- Most modern water softeners are equipped with the latest technology and provide smart water and salt efficiency ratios. Since the Fleck 5600SXT is not exactly a new unit and has not seen any recent upgrades, we are afraid that it cannot match the efficiency of modern units.
The installation is neither a quick DIY nor does it require professional help. If you are familiar with basic plumbing around the house and have a couple of hours to spare, we suggest you can easily manage to install and set up the system.
The box includes a comprehensive instruction manual. Nevertheless, there are a few YouTube videos that can guide you through the entire process.
If you encounter trouble or think you are missing a part, contact customer support staff for assistance. Let’s begin.
- Before you begin the installation, turn off the water supply to your home.
- Next, you must look for an appropriate place to install the system. The best place for a water softener is level ground, close to where the water enters your house. Having a drain nearby also helps to achieve efficient performance.
- Now you have to lubricate the valve O-rings on the Fleck valve thoroughly using the silicon provided. Then firmly attach the valve to the mineral tank by rotating the basket.
- Move onto lubricating the O-rings and fasten the bypass to the valve.
- Plumb the system into your water supply.
- Use Teflon tape to attach the drain line flow control valve to the drain.
- Before switching the unit to bypass mode, add 1 inch of water above the salt grid in the brine tank.
- Remove all debris from the system by opening a few taps around the house.
- Shift to service mode to allow water to flow in the resin tank.
- Finally, connect the unit to an electrical outlet.
To set up the water softener, switch it to bypass mode and add four bags of salt to the brine tank. Then let the system go through a complete backwash cycle.
There’s no long list of maintenance tasks for you to bother with. After the quick initial programming, all you need to do is add salt when required. Moreover, you can also set your unit to double backwash if you feel the water is too hard.
You have the option to choose amongst four modes of system regeneration. Program it according to your requirement to mark the best performance:
- Delayed meter
- Delayed time
- Day of the week
- Fleck control valve
- Bypass valve
- Resin tank
- Brine tank with safety float
- Brine tank assembly
- Brine safety float
- 10% crosslink resin
- Brine tubing
Fleck 5600SXT Review – Conclusion
The Fleck 5600SXT digital metered water softener is an affordable solution that provides you precisely what you expect from it: soft water and durable performance.
The cherry on top is the excellent customer service and money-back guarantee to give you peace of mind. Regardless of the economical price tag, the product doesn’t sell short on features or functionality. All in all, it’s a great system that is easy to install, use and maintain.
If you have questions about our Fleck 5600SXT water softener review please leave a comment below!
Lisa has joined the Water Masterz team as a contributing writer. She combines two decades of digital marketing experience with a passion for healthy living.
Lisa’s favorite leisure activities are meeting new people, learning new stuff, and yoga.