Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links. If you buy a product or service through an affiliate link, we may earn a commission but at no additional cost to you. You can view our full affiliate disclosure here.
This product review features the Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection undersink reverse osmosis system.
The Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection reverse osmosis system purifies water exactly how its name suggests, i.e., perfectly. It is equally suited for well and municipal water and is far more efficient than standard RO systems.
Equipped with a pressure pump to increase filtration speed and reduce wastage of water, a remineralization stage to replace essential minerals, and a UV filter to kill any microorganisms, the Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection comes highly recommended.
The price? Unfortunately, it’s not cheap, but we believe it’s fair. Want to know why? Stay with us for a comprehensive review.
Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection Review – Main Specs
- Designed for city and well water
- Filter stages: 5
- Daily filtration capacity: 75 gallons
- Recovery rate: 50%
- Estimated filter replacement cost per year: $150
- System dimensions: 16″ x 15″ x 5″
- Storage tank dimensions: 15″ x 11″, 3.2 gallons
- Feed water: 40-95 psi
At the beginning of our Home Master TMHP reverse osmosis system review, a few highlights:
Perfect Filtration Process
The manufacturer claims the reverse osmosis system is able to remove over 99% of the most harmful contaminants including microorganisms from water, down to 0.001 microns. Here we elaborate on how it achieves this level of filtration.
The sleek modular unit passes your water through five filter stages.
- 5-micron sediment filter: The sediment pre-filter removes large particles of rust, sand and debris.
- 5-micron KDF-85 + catalytic carbon (coconut shell) pre-filter: This filter removes heavy metals and VOCs, and chemicals.
- DOW FILMTEC RO membrane: The reverse osmosis membrane does the most important filtration work. It rejects elements down to 0.001 microns.
- UV light filter: UV light sterilizes the water to kill harmful bacteria and viruses. It’s much more effective at eliminating microorganisms than chlorine.
- 5-micron granular activated carbon (coconut shell) remineralization filter: The last filter stage traps leftover contaminants and uses crushed marbles to add the recommended amounts of calcium and magnesium back into the water. This provides for great tasting water full of healthy minerals.
A permeate pump as well as large fittings and tubing give filtration a significant speed boost.
Less Water Wasted
The built-in permeate pump also reduces water wastage by as much as 80 percent.
Modular Filter Design
Modular filters are a piece of cake to replace and they inhibit microbial growth.
The Home Master HydroPerfection comes with a range of optional upgrades:
- Faucet upgrade: If you don’t like the looks of the standard chrome dispenser
- Larger storage tanks of various sizes
- Antimicrobial tubing: Against formation of biofilm causing bad taste and odor
- High performance DOW RO membrane: For higher daily water production and increased contaminant rejection
- Refrigerator connection kit
It’s widely known that reverse osmosis systems can remove hundreds of pollutants but are neither eco-friendly nor the most efficient water filters. Thankfully, Home Master has its unique way of handling water filtration.
Let’s get straight to what features make the system stand out and the benefits they offer.
- The HydroPerfection has been designed for both municipal and well water. Unfortunately, not many under sink filtration systems can remove the notorious bacteria and microorganisms that may reside in your well water. Thus, if you get your water through a private well, Home Master gets you sorted.
- The UV light chamber ensures your water is free from viruses, bacteria, mold, and harmful organisms that are the leading cause of water-borne diseases.
- Perhaps the best feature of the system is the remineralization stage that adds calcium and magnesium to your water to make it wholesome. It works magic on your water twice, once before entering the system and later when it’s filtered.
- Owing to an inbuilt non-electric pump, large fittings, and pipes, you can fill up a water pitcher in half the time as compared to other RO systems.
- Not to mention, the built-in permeate pump brings water wastage down to a 1:1 ratio. To simplify, for each gallon of water purified, one gallon goes down the drain. For standard reverse osmosis systems, the ratio is 1:4 or worse. This means lower water bills and it’s environmentally safe, too. Quite an innovation!
- The permeate pump also increases daily water filtering capacity by 50%. To illustrate, the system can treat up to 75 gallons of water per day.
- The 5 year-long manufacturer’s warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee are enough to show how confident Home Master is about its filters. So what does it mean for you? Peace of mind!
- The system is manufactured in the USA, which ensures premium quality.
- The Home Master support staff is friendly and knowledgeable enough to assist you if you encounter any issues.
- Maintenance is a breeze with quick-connect fittings and long lasting filter cartridges that need replacement once a year—no need to bring out your toolbox.
- Thanks to the modular design, you no longer have to deal with canister leaks. Normally, filter housings accumulate dust, stress, and microorganisms, and are bulky too. Getting rid of the filter housings means maintenance is more straightforward and stress-free.
- While the Water Master solves four major problems associated with standard RO systems, it costs higher than other top-tier filtration systems. Unfortunately, not everyone has the budget for a $500 model.
- We don’t see NSF testing or certifications for the filter. A third-party certification goes a long way in building consumer trust.
- Some people had issues with installation.
The system is lightweight and comparatively easy to install. As long as you don’t mind drilling a hole in your sinktop and have knowledge of basic plumbing, you can attempt the DIY installation in an hour.
However, it is also important to note that the UV filter is electrically powered. So, make sure there is an electric socket next to where you intend to install the system. Other than that, you can use the manual or watch online videos that help you further.
Here is a summary of the installation process:
- Drilling Hole for RO Dispenser
- First, mark the center location of the hole.
- Start drilling a ¼” pilot hole.
- Then use a ½” drill bit.
- Mount the Dispenser
- Slide the small rubber washer onto the faucet stem, followed by the metal plate.
- Slide on the second rubber washer.
- Insert the faucet stem through the sink hole.
- Secure the faucet from underneath using the two remaining washers and the wingnut.
- Wrap Teflon tape around the threaded part of the faucet stem.
- Add the faucet adapter.
- Installing the Feed Water Adapter
- Close the cold water supply valve under your kitchen sink.
- Disconnect the cold water line.
- Install the EZ adapter using Teflon tape.
- Installing the Drain Saddle
- Drill a ¼” hole into your sink drain line using the drain hole template.
- Mount the drain saddle clamp on top of the template. Secure with screws.
- Mounting the Filter Assembly
- Mount the filter assembly using the mounting clip and template.
- Mounting the Permeate Pump
- Mount the permeate pump using the mounting clip and screws.
- Installing the Water Storage Tank
- Insert 2-3 drops of unscented household bleach inside the nipple at the top of the storage tank.
- Wait two minutes before emptying the bleach.
- Wrap tank nipple with Teflon tape.
- Screw on the tank shut-off valve.
- Connecting the System
- Insert orange ¼” tubing into cold feed water adapter.
- Insert blue ⅜” tubing into RO faucet.
- Insert ⅜” tubing into tank shut off valve.
- Attach plastic nut onto red ¼” tubing before connecting it to the filter assembly.
- Hand tighten plastic nut onto the drain saddle fitting.
- Pressurizing and Draining the RO System
- Connect the power adapter to the UV filter.
- Open the feed water valve.
- Open the EZ adapter ball valve.
- Open the RO dispenser until water comes out.
- Close the faucet and let the system pressurize.
- Open the storage tank valve and wait until the tank has filled.
- Close the EZ adapter ball valve.
- Open the RO faucet.
- Let the system and storage tank empty completely.
- Open the EZ adapter ball valve and allow the system to fill a second time. Purge afterwards.
As we mentioned earlier, the quick connectors and housing-free system make filter replacements a child’s play. Here is the lifespan for the filters.
- Sediment, carbon block filters, UV light filter, remineralizer: 1 year or 2,200 gallons
- Reverse osmosis membrane: 3 to 5 years
- UV light chamber: 3 years
- UV light bulb: 1 year
Onto the cost. The filters for the Home Master HydroPerfection cost, on average, $150 per year. Please note that the lifespan of the filters also depend on the water quality and household size.
- Filter assembly
- Full contact hardware
- Permeate pump + fast flow kit
- 5-micron sediment filter
- 5-micron GAC & KDF-85 filter
- DOW FILMTEC RO membrane, 0.001-micron
- UV light filter
- 5-micron GAC remineralization filter
- Holding tank (3.2 gallons) + mounting stand
- Tank ball valve
- RO faucet
- Teflon tape
- Drain saddle assembly
- Installation supplies
- User manual
Home Master TMHP RO System Review – Conclusion & Best For
The Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection is an innovative RO system that brings you crystal clear water. Not only that, the system is exceptionally fast and eco-friendly too.
Moreover, the patented full contact Artesian remineralization process is best for balancing the taste, pH and quality of your water. So you can actually feel the difference while drinking and cooking.
The installation is straightforward, coupled with easy yearly maintenance. The only downside: the price! But, if you prioritize clean water and health over other concerns, we totally recommend the system.
If you have questions about our Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection review please leave a comment below!
- 2023 Reviews of Top Rated Under Sink Water Filters
- Reviews 2023: Under Sink Water Filtration Systems for Private Wells
- Home Master HMF3SdgFeC 3-Stage Whole House Well Water Filter Review
- RO Water Filter Reviews & Comparison
-  https://www.safewater.org/fact-sheets-1/2017/1/23/ultrafiltrationnanoandro
-  https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/Articles/U_Z/Ultraviolet-disinfection-of-drinking-water
Rory has joined the Water Masterz team as a contributing writer. He has covered all sorts of topics in the last several years.
Outside of his writing work, Rory enjoys photographing the Irish landscape and making music!