WATER FILTER PITCHERS
Products, Guides, Know How
Water filter pitchers provide clean water for drinking and cooking.
They are ideal to protect the health of your loved ones against harmful contaminants and also eliminate bad taste and odor.
Water Filter Pitchers
Choose the ideal water filter pitcher for your home.
Know How on
Pitcher Water Filters
Learn about pitcher water filters.
Popular Article Topics
Latest Article Topics
Browse Water Masterz
The Benefits of Using a Water Filter Pitcher
The benefits of using a water filter pitcher at home are obvious: You get access to cleaner, healthier drinking water which can also be used for cooking and food preparation.
With the right filter your water will be free from the following contaminants and impurities: Arsenic, cadmium, chromium 6, iron, lead, mercury, uranium, nickel, chlorine, chloramine, haloacetatic acids and other disinfection byproducts, PFAS, trace pharmaceuticals, pesticides, herbicides, VOCs, fluoride, microplastic, viruses and bacteria, and more.
Other benefits include:
- Properly filtered water does not have any off-taste or unpleasant odor. This in itself is an advantage. In addition, better-tasting and smelling drinking water promotes optimal hydration.
- Water filter pitchers are extremely easy to use. Just fill with regular water from your kitchen faucet and wait for a couple of minutes to allow the filter process to work. Clean water will settle at the bottom ready at your disposal.
- You can save money by making the switch from bottled water to producing your own drinking water. What’s more, you reduce your carbon footprint and don’t contribute to plastic pollution.
- Compact size and portability allow you to take your filter pitcher around the house and even outside if you want. You can also store it in the refrigerator in case you prefer a cold drink.
- Maintaining a water filter pitcher – this includes replacing the filter element and cleaning the jug – is child’s play.
Water Filter Pitcher FAQ
How long does a filter last in a water pitcher?
This depends on 3 factors: The filtration capacity of the pitcher water filter, the quality of your source water, and your water usage. Let’s elaborate: Different pitcher filters can purify varying amounts of water which is usually measured in gallons. One model may be good for 40 gallons of clean water, while another can provide 120. Also, scale, sediment and other impurities can all lead to premature clogging of a filter element. Lastly, if you’re using more water on a daily basis, you’ll reach a filter’s capacity sooner.
Do water filter pitchers remove bacteria?
Some water filter pitchers also remove bacteria from water. If that’s the case, they usually also remove viruses and cysts.
Which water filter pitcher removes the most contaminants?
To our knowledge, the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher removes the most contaminants among all water filter pitchers currently on the market. According to its manufacturer, it reduces/removes more than 270 tap water contaminants.
How long can water sit in a filter pitcher?
We wouldn’t recommend letting water sit in a filter pitcher for more than 2 to 3 days. This guarantees the best drinking experience. When stored in the refrigerator, the water may be good for up to 5 days. Anything longer than that could mean you’re exposing yourself to harmful bacteria growing in the water.
Are all water pitcher filters the same?
No, all water pitcher filters are definitely not the same. There are those that provide the fastest filtration but only improve water aesthetics at best. There are alkaline water filter pitchers which focus on balancing water pH. Others are advertised to achieve zero TDS (Total Dissolved Solids). And there are filter pitchers that combine different types of filter media to offer broad contaminant removal for the healthiest of waters.
Meet Jason Hollow
Jason is the founder of Water Masterz and head of content creation. After six years in the industry, he has tremendous knowledge and first-hand experience on all things related to water treatment.
His credo: Not a single American should have to drink unhealthy water at home.