Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links. If you buy a product or service through an affiliate link, we may earn a commission but at no additional cost to you. You can view our full affiliate disclosure here.
Water filter pitchers have taken the market by storm. Thanks to their compact size, affordable prices and ease of usage, millions of Americans have a water filter pitcher in their refrigerator.
Although bottled water can also provide healthy and great-tasting water, the cost-effectiveness and eco-friendliness of in-house pitcher-filtered water knock out bottled water at every turn.
With that said, all pitcher-style filters are not the same. Many only help improve the flavor and odor of your water. In contrast, others can remove a wide range of contaminants, including heavy metals like lead, fluoride, PFOS, PFOAs, pesticides and pharmaceuticals.
This brings us to the million-dollar question: Which water filter pitcher removes the most contaminants? Nope, it’s not the famous Brita!
Which Water Filter Pitcher Removes the Most Contaminants?
The following table highlights the chief features of 5 brands of filter pitchers allowing you to gauge which one stands out. We have only listed the most common contaminants found in tap water and well water across America to make comparison easier.
|NSF Standards||42, 53, 244, 401, P473||42, 53, 401||42, 53, 401, P473||42, 53|
|Filter Capacity (Gallons)||100||120||120||20-40|
It’s pretty evident that the Clearly Filtered Pitcher wins by a landslide due to its ability to remove over 365 contaminants which is far more than all the other pitchers can remove even when combined.
What’s more is that the Clearly Filtered has been tested against NSF standards – the de facto in water filtration – to show that the claims are, in fact, 100 percent true.
But here’s a thing! Even though Clearly Filtered has tested its pitcher independently through a certified private laboratory and comply with NSF standards, we’re not sure if they have filed for NSF certifications. So if you go through the NSF website or look for the logo on the water filter, you probably won’t find it.
CF Pitcher Contaminant List
As mentioned above, Clearly Filtered water pitchers can remove the most number of contaminants from water. But how, you may ask?
Judging by the looks, almost all pitchers look alike and have no apparent differences in size. But the real action goes on inside the filter element. For the Clearly Filtered, it features breakthrough Affinity Filtration Technology that removes many harmful contaminants making your water fresh, crisp and pure.
Unlike traditional filter pitchers, the CF pitcher employs seven proprietary filtration materials, including GAC and ceramic media, to remove up to 99.9 percent of 365+ contaminants.
Here is a long list of all the contaminants that the pitcher can remove: https://www.clearlyfiltered.com/pages/performance-data-for-the-clearly-filtered-water-pitcher-and-filter
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher
Thanks to stringent regulations by the EPA, not all of us are concerned about heavy contamination in our tap water. Most of us only want a water filter pitcher that improves its flavor and smell to make it safe for drinking. This is again where CF pitchers take the cake.
And here are a few more advantages.
- The CF pitcher can hold up to ten cups of water at a time. For an average-sized family, this quantity is enough for convenient daily use.
- A filter water pitcher is no good unless it’s easy to use. Thanks to the removable lid and compact design, filling up the jug and keeping it in the fridge is a quick and fuss-free process.
- The pitcher and all its components are built in the US, ensuring optimum craftsmanship and top-quality materials. As a result, it will last you for a long time.
- CF pitchers only filter out the bad guys, not the good ones. So, your body does not lose out on essential minerals.
- Unlike some low-quality pitchers on the market, CF units are made using BPA-free plastic. If you didn’t know already, the toxic chemical in plastic bottles could affect your health in more than one way. For example, BPA is linked with neurological and reproductive problems, amongst many others.
- A foolproof 30-day money-back guarantee with a no questions asked policy is probably the best offer you could get. Buy it, use it and if you still don’t like it, get your money back. Smooth!
- Wait, there’s more! The Clearly Filtered pitcher features a lifetime guarantee ensuring you never have to pay any repair costs.
Though Clearly Filtered pitchers have a lot going for them, they’d be more tempting if the manufacturer could fix these two issues.
- Compared to other brands, the prices of replacement cartridges are steep. At $50 a pop, and an average lifespan of 4 months, the total annual cost is around $150. But if you shop in bundles, you can save almost $30 per year.
- Some people have complained of slow filtration as the filter begins to get clogged. Nevertheless, replacing cartridges on time can quickly fix the issue.
Hands down, Clearly Filtered water pitchers can remove the maximum number of contaminants from water.
They are the “clear” (literally) winner in our contest, also in regards to price, average lifespan of filter cartridges, durability and most importantly NSF testing.
- Water Filter Pitcher Reviews
- What’s the Best Water Filter Pitcher for Well Water?
- What Does a Water Filter Pitcher Remove?
- Cleaning a Pitcher Water Filter the Right Way
- Faucet Filters vs Pitcher Water Filters
Jason is the founder of Water Masterz and head of content creation. After six years in the industry, he has tremendous knowledge and first-hand experience on all things related to water treatment.
His credo: Not a single American should have to drink unhealthy water at home.